Consumer Protection Principles
Our commitment to the protection of customer interests
- Bank shall deal fairly and honestly with you in every interaction.
- Bank shall be transparent with you, and provide you with the information you require about products and services that are easy to access and understandable.
- Bank shall make you aware of the financial risks and opportunities that apply to a product or service before you buy it.
- Bank shall work in a professional manner for the benefit and protection of your financial interests.
- Bank shall monitor and protect your financial assets against fraud.
- Bank shall protect your financial and personal information and ensure it is not disclosed to third parties.
- Bank shall give you easy access to file a complaint through mechanisms that are affordable, accountable, timely and efficient.
- Consumer shall have the freedom to search, compare and where appropriate, switch between products, services and banks with ease.
Your responsibilities for the protection of your interests
- Be honest and accurate with all the information you give to the bank.
- When applying for a product or a service, ensure you have read all information given to you and you are aware of your obligations.
- Always clarify with bank employees about anything that is unclear or a condition that you are unsure about.
- Don’t hesitate to file a complaint or escalate your issue to higher levels if appropriate.
- Make sure you understand all terms and conditions associated with any products or services.
- Keep in mind that some financial products or services carry risks and the bank should clearly explain these to you.
- Apply for products or services that suit your specific needs and financial capability.
- Report unauthorized transactions to your bank immediately.
- Do not disclose any personal or banking information to any third party.
- Seek the bank’s advice when encountering any type of financial difficulties.
- Ensure that your banking information is up-to-date at all times.
- Do not sign empty or partially completed forms.
- Review all your documents before signing.
- Keep all your banking documents and cards in a safe place.
The Bank will never contact you for any information updates. You can only update your information by visiting our Bank.